Assured Gifts worth Rs.400 crores up for grabs
With the holidays in full swing and to herald in the new year,McDonald’s presents its customers with yet another special surprise by playing Santa andgiving away gifts worth over Rs four hundred crore at its largest ever Gift Festival.
Starting December 27, customers who make a purchase of Rs.25 or more at any of the McDonald’s restaurants will receive a complimentary bonus coupon with a unique code for themselves or to be shared with their loved ones.
Gifts ranging from coupons on Freecharge and discounts on online portals like Yatra and flipkart, along with tasty McDonald’s menu items are all up for grabs. This month long Gift Festival will conclude in January, 2014.
“Our cards take the guesswork out of gift-giving because this will offer something for everybody,” says Rameet Arora, Senior Director, Marketing Communications and Menu Management, HRPL. “Plus, in the spirit of the season, this gift card allows us to thank our customers for their support and add an extra sparkle to their eyes as they take away not just a great meal but happy memories too.”
“McDonalds Gifts Festival is bringing some great deals to their in-store consumers and Flipkart.com is excited to be a part of this event. Our focus has always been on creating a delightful customer experience online and with this co-promotion, we are merging the best of online and offline shopping.” Sameer Nigam – VP, Online Marketing
“Yatra is all about creating happy travellers, and we are delighted to partner with McDonald’s in this exciting Gift Festival that gives customers the chance to achieve their travel dreams.” said Mr. Sharat Dhall President Yatra.com
“We’ve been delighting our customers with McDonald’s coupons with every mobile recharge since our inception and our customers are totally lovin’ it! This festive season with the month long “McDonald’s Gift Festival” which starts on 27th December we wanted to delight McDonald’s customers again and what better way to capture the spirit of this season than by gifting them with assured instant Free talk time – to the tune of Rs.25 crores. There is free talk time for every McDonald’s customer. We hope to set the festive spirits soaring with customers talking and exchanging season’s greetings with their family and friends”, said Kunal Shah, Founder FreeCharge.com
McDonald’s Gifts festival will be supported by a multi-media campaign including above-the-line advertising and a host of below the line activities. “The promotion is specially designed to give our consumers best-in-class products and the gifts we are offering are premium, from reputed brands”, added Mr Arora.
How it works:
- Food offerings from McDonald’s that customers can redeem on their next visit to the restaurant
- Customers can use the code printed on the gift coupon for availing discounts onyatra.com, the discounts are available on flight booking, hotel booking or holidays by logging on to their website
- Customers can also avail of discounts on Freecharge and Flipkart.com by sending an SMS of the unique code printed on their bill and his/her email id to a number which would also be mentioned on the bill. In response, customers will receive an SMS (for Freecharge) and an e-mail (for Flipkart) with coupon codes
- On logging in the coupon code on the Freecharge website, customer can avail of a free recharge or DTH connection worth Rs.20
- Similarly, on providing the coupon code on Flipkart site, customers can avail of discounts worth Rs.100 and could be redeemed on a purchase worth Rs.1000. This voucher can be used over and above their existing discounts.