4th Annual Comic Con India
Date: 7th-9th Feb, 2014 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
Time: 11 AM – 7 PM
Venue: Thyagaraj Stadium, INA Colony, New Delhi
Entry – Rs.100 per day (You can buy on the spot also)
3 Day Pass – Rs.300
Super Fan (VIP) Ticket – Rs.350 (Limited Number Available Only) – ONLY SOLD ONLINE
Buy Tickets Here:http://in.bookmyshow.com/concerts/comic-con-india-tickets/
* Spread across 50000 Sq foot of area, this year the comics convention will be divided into 3 zones
(i) Experience zone
(ii) Exhibitor zone
(iii) Food court
* There will be Shuttle services provided from INA & Delhi Haat Metro station for visitors.
A Gala Festival for Comics lovers
# International Guests from across the World
Taking special Sessions at the Indian Comics Convention
* Mark Waid – Mark Waid is an Eisner Award-winning American comic book writer. He is well known for his work on Marvel Comics’ Captain America.
* David Lloyd – David Lloyd is a British comics artist best known as the illustrator of the story V for Vendetta, written by Alan Moore.
* Gabriel Ba – Gabriel Bá is a Brazilian comic book artist best known for his work on The Umbrella Academy and Casanova. He is the twin brother of fellow comic book artist Fábio Moon.
* Fabio Moon – Fábio Moon is a Brazilian comic book artist best known for his work on Casanova. He is the twin brother of fellow comic book artist Gabriel Bá.
* John Layman – Once an editor for Wildstorm, a branch of DC Comics, Layman turned to writing comics full-time in 2002 and mainly writes for Marvel Comics.
# Cosplay (Costume contest)
Cosplay (Costume Contest), one of the major attractions at Comic Con India, will continue to give assured prizes to everyone in costume. Under the 5 categories created to increase one’s chances of winning gifts. Each day, one winner will be chosen from each of five categories:
1. Comic book/Graphic novel
2. Animated Series/ Movie
4. Sci-Fi/ Fantasy
Kids and Adults can come dressed as their favorite comic character. All three days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 will get the awesome chance to
WIN a GOLDEN TICKET to New York Comic Con 2014 With a VIP ticket to the event !
# Exclusive Book Launches
Over 10 New Titles to be launched!
These never before released titles will be exclusively available at the convention and then later in the market.
* World War One: 1914-1918
* Magical Animals
* Aghori- Issue#9
* Zombie Rising Volume 2
* Blind Spot
* Aghori- Issue#10
* Pulp Quarterly 2 – The Journal of Indian Comics
* Stupid Guy Goes BACK To India
* The Obliterary Journal, Vol. 2:
# Inside Peanuts: The Life and Art of Charles M. Schulz exhibit
* Comic Con India has partnered with the Charles M Schulz Museum to bring a special Inside Peanuts: The Life and Art of Charles M. Schulz exhibit to India for the 4th Annual Indian Comic Con – Delhi.
* The exhibit shipped in exclusively for visitors at the convention takes the visitors through the journey of Peanuts & Charles M Schulz over the years.
The exhibit starts off with Schulz’s life from his Minnesota roots and illuminates his creative process and work environment. It tracks the development of twelve main characters that make up the unique world of Peanuts. It also takes the visitor on a journey from the 1950′s to present day popularity and resonance of the Peanuts comic strip and the legacy of Charles M Schulz.
# The 3rd Annual Comic Con India Awards
* The 3rd Annual Comic Con India Awards ceremony will be held at the venue on Friday – 7th February 2014.
Comic Con India Awards 2014 to honor the best of 2013 in Indian Comics Industry
Comic Con India Awards 2014 to accord The Lifetime Achievement Award to Pran Kumar Sharma – Creator of Chacha Chaudhary & His Friend Sabu. He will personally come and receive his award on February 9, 2014
Comic Con India special award to honor Tinkle Magazine for its over 30 years of contribution to Indian comics and graphic arts.
* 10 Categories, Tons of Nominations and An Esteemed Panel of Jury!
# Special Sessions with Leading Artists & Writers from India
We have some really awesome sessions & launches planned with the leading artists and writers in India as well as from abroad, taking place every hour on hour at the convention. All completely free to attend.
* Special Session with Mohammad Faisal, The Creator of the insanely popular comic strip,
* Special Session on the Kuru Chronicles
* An Overview of Documentary Comics created in India and the potential Scope of these comics with Artist Harsho Mohan Chattoraj.
* Special Session by Campfire on How to Write Comics.
* In Depth Session with Abhijeet Kini and Wacom Pen Tablets on Digital Art. They will talk about various tools involved and a live demo!!
# Special Screenings at the Convention
* Special Screening of Sherlock Series Best Moments by AXN
* Screening of Supernatural Best Moments by AXN
* Zee Cafe presents the special screening of the Hit TV Show “House of Cards”
* Special Screening of Top Gear Series Best Moments by AXN
# Main Publishers at 4th CCI
Amar Chitra Katha, Orange Radius, Abhijeet Kini, Pop Culture Publishing, Random House, Campfire Graphic Novel, Holy Cow Entertainment, HarperCollins Publishers,Vimanika Comics, iComics, Manta Ray Comics, DC, Vertigo & Kodansha Comics By Random House India, Viz Media by Simon & Schuster India, Blaft Publications, Chariot Comics, Scholastic India, Meta Desi Comics and more!!
# International Exhibitors
* 2000 AD
* Cyanide & Happiness
* Marvel & Image Comics By Diamond Book Distributors
# Merchandise from all over the World
*Tons & Tons Of Merch! Pick Up Some Awesome Anime & Manga Merch from Japanese Merchandiser IINE, T-shirts, Mugs, Toys, Posters, Cushions, etc, the list is never ending!!
* 9XM will launch their brand new merchandise.
*There will be some of best and most awesome International and Indian Merchandise at the convention!!
* Check out the exclusive merchandise at Kook N Keech by Myntra, Wacom, Collectors Heritage, Hysteria, Firki, Purple Sack, I Wear Me, Chimp, Chumbak, Keep Chilling, Superhero Toy Store, Funko, Super Hero Toy Store, Planet Superheroes and lots more!!